If only I could go back to college; my focus would be much different and my appreciation for the experience would be much greater. Today seeing the reading list for Law and Literature, being taught by Tyler Cowen (his TED video about storytelling has been very popular), made me want to return immediately to the role of student in the classroom.
Click to take a look at the reading list. An excerpt
- The New English Bible
- Oxford Study Edition Billy Budd and Other Tales, by Hermann Melville
- The Metamorphosis, In the Penal Colony, and Other Stories, by Franz Kafka
- In the Belly of the Beast, by Jack Henry Abbott
- Borges and the Eternal Orangutans, by Fernando Verrissimo
- Glaspell’s Trifles, available on-line
- Sherlock Holmes, The Complete Novels and Stories, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, volume 1
- I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov.
- "John Keats's Attitude to Lawyers"
See why I am drawn to this class?