You may now download Creating Your Own Funeral or Memorial Service: A Workbook from iTunes (e.g., for iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®) and from Barnes & Noble for Nook™. For iTunes, click here. For Nook, click here.
Just in time for the 12th annual Create a Great Funeral Day on October 30! I will post more about the holiday later this month.
And why would you want to design your own end-of-life event, regardless of your health or age? In brief, some of those benefits are:
- You relieve those you leave behind of many decisions during their time of grief
- You give the bereaved the emotional satisfaction of knowing they are carrying out your wishes
- You may open up new areas of discussion with your family
- You are able to create an event that truly reflects your life
- Reviewing your life for the purpose of creating the service allows you to evaluate how you want to use your future
- And this gentle reminder of your mortality has an effect on your decisions about today.
Past posts about creating your own funeral can be found here. Click to watch a recent interview of me about the book and holiday; the interview was done by Gail Rubin, author of A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die.