This event will be held February 9, 2007 [original post: February 8-9, 2007], in Minneapolis, Minnesota. [Note: Since posting a few minutes ago, I have learned of a change in the date eliminating February 8; for the most up-to-the-date information, go to the announcement at the site of presenter Steve Denning.]
From the brochure [link eliminated due to date and presenter changes]:
A NATIONAL SEMINAR FOR PRACTICING LAWYERS, JUDGES AND LEGAL EDUCATORS
SHIFTING THE FIELD OF LAW REQUIRES A NEW KIND OF LEADERSHIP.
The legal profession is challenged by a decline in ethics and professionalism as a result of the increasing demands of commercialism and market forces. Despite these trends, many law professionals are reclaiming the highest ideals that first drew them into the profession.
A NARRATIVE APPROACH TO PERSONAL AND INSTITUTIONAL CHANGE
Stories or narratives impact the way we live each day and our plans for the
future. Lawyers are often excellent storytellers on behalf of their clients; yet,
they fall short when it comes to their own lives and profession. Most work
at such a breathless, whitewater pace that there is little time to determine
what alternative stories they could be living, which can lead to greater
personal and professional fulfillment. Despite the fact that lawyers have
great influence in society, many have difficulty changing their own lives
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- Become dynamic communicators who spark positive change in themselves, their colleagues and institutions;
- Help reverse the decline of ethics, professionalism, civility,
and collegiality in the legal
- Develop tactics to begin to close the gap between aspirational values and institutional realities in law firms, courts, government offices, and law schools;
- Tackle ethical dilemmas by calling upon core values that go beyond the rules of professional responsibility; and
- Lead more meaningful lives by finding more time for family life, pro bono work and community service.
THE CENTER FOR LAW & RENEWAL
THE JAMES MACGREGOR BURNS ACADEMY OF LEADERSHIP
DORSEY & WHITNEY LLP
Download the conference brochure. [link elimated due to date and presenter changes]